Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Worm






Yesterday I had some gardening to do, and Jake was happy to help pull weeds.`I called him over when I found a huge earth worm, but I didn't think he would even have the guts to touch it, maybe just look. I was wrong. The poor guy ended up enduring 45 minutes of two year old torture, and made it out alive! Jake was playing with Sam's school bus he got for his birthday and he decided that the worm needed to ride in the bus. He put him in the bus and was giving him a "ride". So the worm scoots to the back of the bus, and Jake says, "oh no mommy! The worm is trying to get out!" me-he probably wants to get out buddy, just let him out. J- NO! So he shuts the back gate of the bus. Then the worm goes toward the front door, and again Jake panics, "MOM, he's trying to get out the door!" me-ok, let him out buddy, he doesn't like it, just set him free." And Jake continues to close the door on the worm, even shutting the door ON him a few times, and I could not BELEIEVE the thing lived through all the squishes. Meanwhile, I'm laughing in my head that we're having this conversation about the worm like it's a real person on a real bus, trying to get off the bus and Jake is standing in the way (which would be totally realistic). Then he says, "I can't wait to tell Daddy! He will be SO excited that we found this worm!" To which I laughed out loud (for those who know Matt, you know that is the FURTHEST thing from the truth!

1 comment: