Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More Jake hilarity

* The other morning Jake said to Sam while in his hichair eating breakfast, "K-poop". I looked at him with quandry and he said, "that's spanish for muffins and bacon."

* Jake's been working on his puzzle of the US and he can just about put all the states in their place without help. He knows several by associations we've made, like "this is where we live, this is where Grandpa Cooley lives, etc." So the other day he asked "mommy, where do I live?" I said you live in Phoenix, Arizona. He shook his head and said, "no, I don't live in puzzles, I live right here, (pointing down) in this home!" I hadn't thought of how strange that concept must be for a kid to see a tiny map of a huge place and understand how we could live in that tiny little wooden square-looking space!

On a more spiritual side...
* Jake pointed to each of his family members and said, "I love you and you and you and God" (ohhhh...)
* Each night his prayers have been soley about food items. Never people, just "Thank you for bities (vitamins), sneetch treats (what I made for take-homes for Sam's b-day), candy...etc.
* Sometimes in the car I suggest we pray for a car/accident on the side of the road or situations we're in, etc. Monday on my way to work I realized how very low on gas I was, and the gas station by our house was OUT of gas. So in fear I'd be late to my 9am class, I said let's pray we get there safely without gas. After work at 3ish that day we were driving toward the gas station and Jake said, "mommy hold my hand" so I reached back and did, and then he said, "pray". SO SWEET!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that brings tears to my eyes. I love that boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet jakey....and praying about food. that is classic Jakey.

    ReplyDelete