Thursday, January 29, 2009

This week in the Shores' Home

One of Jake's favorite things to do is help me in the kitchen. Yesterday I pulled a huge salmon filet out of the fridge. I flipped it on the scale side and said, "look Jake, can you believe this used to be a big fish in the river?" His response, in a LOVED squeezing the lemon juice all over the fish and sprinkling the pepper too.

I don't know why he's so sensitive lately. Monday while I buckled him in after work, Jake asked where I got the owie (sp?) on my finger, he asked if I fell (it was like a dot!) I said, I don't know, I probably cut myself with a knife. I don't know why I thought that answer would sit well with the owie patrol. He asked very concerned what happened and I simply explained that sometimes when I'm preparing food I knick my skin a little bit. He said, "ohhh, that hurts my heart."

So Jake's really into taking off his wet diaper lately and either running around naked or putting on a new pair of his Trey-hand me down undies. He was looking in the mirror at himself in the tighties(and I agree, he looked adorable!) he grabbed his package and said, "awww, it's so little, how cute!"

I don't know where Jake got this from but he always describes himself and others as a _guy. So "I'm just a little guy: or "he's a funny guy", etc. So in his OCD "coloring" time the other day, which involves him asking me to draw the picture that he wants because he can't do it good enough (oh boy), I drew his carrot and told him to color it. Exasperated he said, "NO, I CAN'T! I'm a tough guy!" I guess tough guys don't color.

Sam has now made a new game of wiggling out of my arms when I get him out of the car or open the door even a crack. He bolts for the street, literally walk-running and smiles the whole way down. If I haven't called his name by the time he gets to the sidewalk, he looks back at me, and when I give him the "no" face or say no he smiles and proceeds forward as I'm running to grab him before stepping into the street. He will do this over and over and over until I finally take him inside. Hmmm, so much for a less persistent son this time around :)

New signs, gestures and word include: hi, bye with wave,(signs and says)dog and duck, says turtle, signs more and all done. Signs blowing a kiss, and gives hugs and kisses on command (SO CUTE!) He's trying to say Jake, it sounds like "day"

Matt got offered some cool extra sports med jobs this week. He will be working with the White Sox during Spring Training as well as the Diamondbacks. He will also be covering the NBA All Star events hosted here in Phoenix, including the practices with the NBA All Star players and the Celebrity All Star Game. He continues to travel with the ASU Basketball team on their away road trips and is loving it, especially the star treatment he receives with food and lodging. He looks forward to watching the biggest superbowl of his life-to date this Sunday!

I am thoroughly enjoying the balance of teaching at the swim school (just got a raise, woohoo!) and playing with the boys. I was viewing a little video clip of Sam when he firt learned to walk a few months ago, and I got kinda sad at the thought of how FAST these boys are and will continue to grow up! But NO, I do NOT want another anytime soon! I am quite content with my load at the moment!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the updates...next time you can call instead...or wait, return my calls:)

    ReplyDelete