Friday, May 8, 2009

Recent Jake quotes


Jake: Mom how long until we're home? Me: Two minutes. Jake: (with a cry working up-and very tired) TWO MINUTES!? That hurts my feelings!
Jake: Mom, can I have candy? Me: No. Jake (in the crying voice) THAT'S A BUMMER!
Jake and Sam are eating our homemade popsicles in the back and Jake is totally working Sam for licks of his but not sharing his with Sam. So sad how the little guy gets taken advantage of. Then Jake says "here Sam" trying to trade what is now a smaller popsicle for Sam bigger one. Me: Jake, I don't think Sam wants to trade (Sam's pulling back screaming NO!) Jake: Mom, I can control this. SAM! HERE! (Getting more aggressive with the trade...which led to both popsicles on the ground-one because it fell and one because Jake was p.o'd that it fell and threw his, then quickly regreting that decision and crying harder...NAP TIME!
I was excited about something saying "OH YES!" Jake added "HALLEYUYAH!"
Jake to me many times now "How's my little lady?" or "How's my sweetie pie lady?"
In the check out lane at Target, finding a yoyo toy, Jake says "Now THAT'S what I call STYLISH!" ?
During night prayers I pray "Thank you for dying on the cross, forgiving us of our sins, (interrupted by Jake) "and for Chicken Pie Pie and vities!" BTW I have not made Chicken Pot Pie in at least two months!
When I ask him to do something he sometimes responds "No problemo" (Good ol' Go Diego Go!)
Maddie comes over here a few times a week and Jake loves to call her Miss Maddie Mae. Now when he's getting serious with me he'll raise his voice and say "MOMMY MAE!" I had to explain to him that only Maddie's middle name is Mae, not mine too.
My mom called Jake "honeybun" and he quickly responded "I am NOT a BUN!"

1 comment:

  1. That little yut. They just say/do the funniest things. I'll be glad when Sam is for sure out of the get taken advantage of and have no clue stage. Soon he'll be saying "Tyson, stop pushing me!" Poor Sam....:)

    ReplyDelete