Sunday, May 17, 2009

Who is this kid?

Do you ever just sit back and watch your child doing or saying something that seems way beyond what you thought he was capable of and ask yourself, "who is this kid!?" I had one of those moments this evening with Jake. I was laying on his bottom bunk watching him cut paper with zigzag scissors. He was cutting with one hand, one finger in each opening, all the way across the page (and with each cut, he opened and closed his mouth with concentration). I said, "Jake! That's really good! Who taught you to cut like that?" His response was something mumbled with his newest word, 'stupid' mixed in. He stopped cutting and nervously looked at me, saw my serious face, kept cutting and whispered, "busted". I said, "yeah, that's right, you're busted." He goes, "HEY! Who taught you that word, mommy? You're gonna have to sit in time out cuz you do NOT talk to me that way!" (cut, cut, cut...) "why did the chicken cross the road?" me: why. Jake: "To get to Chicken McDonalds...HAHAHAH!!!" Ok, now he's telling bad jokes. I felt like he just went from 3 to 6 overnight.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I agree...who IS that kid? He says some funny things. Sure hope he didn't learn stupid from Trey.

    ReplyDelete