Sunday, May 17, 2009

I'm in love

Matt and I are enjoying Sam and this age/stage that he's in so much right now! It's funny because I specifically remember this not being a favorite time for me when Jake was this age, and like so many other experiences I'm having second time around...no two children are alike! I love these pictures I posted for many reasons. First, when I was preparing dinner and portioning out each item, placing more on Sam's plate then Jakes (love the kid's appetite!) I thought I'd cut the corn off the cob and then thought, let's see how this goes. Sam has amazed me with his table "manners"! He sits at the table now, uses utensils (just as well as Jake) and eats from a plate (which would be on the floor as soon as I sat it infront of 16 month old Jake). So should it surprise me that he can eat corn on the cob, I guess not! As soon as I snapped the shot, I got the second, when he quickly pulled the corn away from his face to pose and say "cheeeese!" Sam is full of energy, love, a playful spirit and yet has this feisty tantrum-throwing side to him that Matt and I can't seem to discipline but just laugh at. It's crazy how much harder it is to discipline the second time around. Now I know why my sisters let Ryan/Tyson get away with so much! ;) My theory is, with your first child you're on top of every single behavioral issue. Once you've seen 2 and 3, 16 month old behavioral issues just don't seem like a big deal! Anyway, I am madly in love with my baby, so thanks God, you've really given us a sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment