Friday, April 24, 2009

Swim lessons in the bathtub

Lately Jake has been very obsessed with his swim skills, ribbons, etc. He has all two ribbons proudly hung on the fridge and tells every guest that enters the house "this one says I backfloated all by myself and this one says Awesome". He has been working REALLY hard with Lena to get his rollover ribbon (our fingers are crossed for today!) but the stinker will not STAY on his back after he rolls. So Jake explained to me that Lena always tells him 'almost' when he's working on his rollover. The other day, Tyrone from the backyardigans had a ribbon and Jake said with a smile "I get ribbons!"
So with all this talk about swimming I should not have been surprised to witness this scene in the bathtub the other day...the boys were in the bath and I went into the kitchen for a second (I know, I should not admit that!) I heard Sam fussing and Jake yelling at him, "SAM, STAY STILL!" I briskly walked into the bathroom. Sam was laying on his back trying to flip on his tummy but couldn't because Jake was holding either side of Sam's head, pinning him down and said, "I got him mom! He's backfloating!" I don't think the Hubbards will be hiring him anytime soon!

1 comment:

  1. OK, safety Nazi Amy is going to agree that is not safe but I have to say that is hilarious. He wants everyone to conform to his plan SO bad. Crack up...

    ReplyDelete