Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Little World of Jake Shores

Recently I've noticed that Jake is at a stage that everything is clicking. After TWO AND A HALF years of lessons and working REALLY hard on it, I am excited to share that Jake is finally rolling over all by himself! (See the video) Last week he had Blaire who is amazing, but not his weekly teacher. She had him rolling over consecutively which means he's actually getting from point A to point B now without help (PRAISE THE LORD!) Other fun things that have clicked: Potty Training (another huge praise!) and even often dry through the night which always shocks me. Pulling up his underwear and shorts and putting on his shoes (which he has always much preferred others to do for him, even his friend, Mia!), riding his trike (although he doesn't really enjoy it for too long-but he does love ringing the bell!) and this week he has started pouring his own milk in his sippy cup and filling his water cup from the fridge dispenser. Finally, he can now sing his ABC's from start to finish. He had asked me about a week ago when we were getting my tea at AJ's if he could have the "ice cream cone cookie" from Barb's bakery that they sell there. Well...these cookies are 2.50 so I don't just buy them any old time. So trying to think quickly without saying "it's too expensive" I said that as soon as he is able to sing his abc's by himself we will come back and I will buy him that cookie. I don't know, just trying to give him a little incentive as he usually does well with. He has been obsessing over that cookie and practicing the song daily, it's hilarious! I am so proud of him for all his "big" milestone accomplishments, and also kind of sad that he's growing up. In September Jake starts preschool two days a week and he can hardly wait. He talks about it all the time. Lately when I ask him where he learned something he says or does he says "from school". I have to remind him that that's not possible, he hasn't started school yet! He must just be so excited at the prospect of learning new things at school I guess!

1 comment:

  1. YAY JAKIE!!!! Very exciting!!! I loved reading all the stories...he didn't waste any time learning those abc's! ;)

    ReplyDelete