Thursday, April 9, 2009

Adventures of Jake Shores

So I feel like the only time I write is when I have some bogus story of what Jake has done or said, but it always just stands out to me as worthy of mention.
The other day I went to put my wedding rings back on, which I had placed on the sofa table, and only my wedding band was there, not the engagement (expensive) one. I immediately freaked out and frantically asked Jake where it was. His response was "I needed it to hold my bity"(vitamin). I kept asking him where it was but no response, and then I remembered he had been reaching into his pullup earlier, so I peaked in and there in the croch of his pullup was my ring, with a bity fit snugly inside it!
Next story: this morning apparently Jake woke up at 4:40am (after going to bed at 8:30). I was oblivious until he asked for milk at 5 which I stumbled out to get. Jake smelled sweet, and he told me he had to show me something. He took me to the kitchen and did his usual presentation with his hands out like when a curtain unveils. There on the ground was paper muffin cups spread out with vanilla and brown sugar poured in each (as well as all over the stove top, cabinets and floor). His response was, "I wanted to make a treat". (AT 5 IN THE MORNING!!!) No picture this time, I was too pissed. Although in hind sight, I'm proud of my 3 year old cooking partner for remembering at least 2 crucial ingredients when we bake cookies together!

2 comments:

  1. That kid!! He is clever for sure!!! So I think he and Trey need to put their love for cooking together..I dunno, reality show? I would watch! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, that is our reality and it would make for a reality show...I feel like my life is one big sitcom...or joke actually. It is a joke right?

    ReplyDelete