Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Jake's "humility"


This morning I stopped the car at church for yoga and before I could get the boys out to go to their daycare room, Jake starts crying, like actual tears, that he didn't want to go to yoga. I felt so sad for him that he really seemed upset about it, so I tried to get to the bottom of it. I said, "Jake, why don't you want to go?" J:(tears)"ka-puz(Jake used to say 'because' right, and now he says 'kapuz') I don't want all the other kids to see me!waaaa" Me: "why don't you want the other kids to see you?" J: "Ka-puz I don't want the kids to see how cool I am!waaaa!!!!!" At which point I turned off the car and got him out! When I told Matt the story, he laughed (for those of you who know Matt well, this was the laugh he does when he watches Seinfeld, How I Met Your Mom, or when Scott or Kenny make him laugh) and said, "see babe, he's a humble kid! He didn't want the others to be jealous of how cool he is, what's wrong with that!?"

2 comments:

  1. oooohhhh my goodness! that is one for the books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! what is this kids deal with knowing about 'being cool'!?!?! ;)

    ReplyDelete