Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Tale of the Sleepless Shores Family

After our long day in Sedona, we were all exhausted. Jake only slept for a total of an hour in the car so I was hopeful for a great nights sleep. Why would I set my expectations so high? He was up at 12:30 for "water" even though he was watching cartoons. That didn't appease him so 20 minutes later he came into our room. In Matt's half-asleep state, he said "com'ere buddy" and gets him up into bed with us (NEVER a good idea). He tells him he needs to go to sleep or else he'll go back to his bed. After a few minutes of quiet Jake says, "Mommy? The oranges (on our tree) aren't ready yet. They're greeeen!" [Another minute of quiet] "Daddy? Guess what's in my pocket? GRAPES! HAHAHAHA, JUST KIDDING!" Matt-"Go to sleep Jake" Jake-"Ok, maybe we can talk about it after the nap." 5 1/2 hours later we woke up and I was shocked that he actually slept in longer in between us than he has in months! {Don't worry, I will never become a co-sleeper fan! All bets were off the next night!}

1 comment:

  1. We got a little jokester on our hands, huh? I'm sure that's a really funny joke at 12:30. Jakester the jokester.

    ReplyDelete