Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mac Daddy

So the boys and I are out and about tonight at 5:30 and Matt wouldn't be home for dinner tonight so I decided to go through McDonalds (one of the two fast foods Jake will eat, the other being Taco Bell). So I order chicken nuggets and had the plan of stripping the outer layer of batter-fry on a few for Sam and then heat up some peas and corn. We get home, all very hungry, I open the box, and it was not chicken nuggets, it was a BigMac! Great, I thought, Jake doesn't even eat burgers, and I sure as heck don't. But I'm NOT driving all the way back to fix it so...Sam will eat it! So as I'm scrambling to heat up some frozen nuggets for Jake and make the peas and corn for the boys, Sam is getting more impatient by the second so I'm like cutting pieces off at a time-top to bottom and in wedges. While cutting the final section before he stopped eating, I realized, Sam just ate 3/4 of a BIGMAC! Yes 3/4 to be exact. Double patty, double bun, lettuce, special sauce, even the pickle. I quickly gave him some corn and peas hoping to redeem my poor feeding job, which of course he ate too, but that doesn't change the fact that my 9 month old just consumed approximately 20 grams of fat--which is half the fat we should have in a day so probably what, the amount of fat he should have in a week? AWESOME! Just chalk this one up as another "mother of the year" award! And pray for his bowels tonight. I don't even want to think about the havoc that one will reak (sp?) on his body!

4 comments:

  1. That IS awesome. Just be thankful that he eats so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable! You are WAY too concerned about your children's food intake...a one time deal here sis. Anyway, funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The unbelievable comment was about how much your 9 month old ate--just to clarify. Love you sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am I paranoid or is it totally resonable to say that a nine month old does not have the intestines for a BIG MAC yet!? If you saw Sam's diapers today you would agree! He had FOUR explosive poops today. 3 of which were diarrhea-ish!

    ReplyDelete