Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Jakester stories

For all two of my viewers out there :) I had to share some cute recent stories and quotes from Jake.
- When Jake tells stories lately that include him, he refers to himself as "Jakesters"...never Jake. Like, "Mommy! Want to go swimming with Daddy and Baby Sam and Jakesters?"
- Yesterday he went to Nena's and then on to the library for story time. He arrived with typical bed head and being the good care-taker that I am not, mom took him in the bathroom to wet and brush his hair. In the process Jake told Nena that his hair had hiccups!
- Lately he's become quite intouch with his feelings. The two funny things he's said, trying them out, is (pouting) "Mommy, my toys aren't listening to me," and (pouting) "I'm upset with my blankies" (maybe he meant to say ob-CESSED with my blankies!)
- If Jake is trying to tell me something and I say "huh?" or "what?" he'll respond loudly, "MOMMY, YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO ME! I SAID..." Yeah, funny, but not cool. This no doubt comes from my attempt to teach him how to politely respond to me when he either doesn't hear me or doesn't understand what I have said to him, instead of saying "HUH!?" 10 times. Looks like he's pulling a little reverse psychology on me!
- And of course my favorite comment that I've been hearing a lot lately, "Sam, you my best friend!" Matt and I get it a lot too, usually accompanied by a thigh hug, which always warms the heart!

1 comment: