Friday, December 3, 2010

Laughter


Today I am thankful for laughter. It is something I realize I don't do enough, and I can be too serious at times, especially with the kids. I am convinced that God gives us laughter as a gift to relieve stress and remind us of how much joy in life we really have, in my case, right in front of me! I especially like what it does for my heart and how it changes my attitude. It is easier to love abundantly when I see the blessing. Today as I am making Jake a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, he asks if I can cut it in the shape of a jet. He goes on to explain the details that the jet should have, complete with mistels, a rounded tip and laser beams coming out the wings. I told him that was very creative and he responded, "yeah, I wish you had special glasses so you could see into my brain (as he circles his hand around a portion of his head with his fingers pointed toward it), I have all sorts of awesome sandwich ideas in there."
I love you Jakey!
xoxo, Mom

2 comments:

  1. "I have all sorts of awesome sandwich ideas in there"...THAT is awesome! xoxo Jakers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww!! I was told to make Toy Story 3 pancakes the other day...Brody wasn't quite as specific when describing how they were actually supposed to look! :)

    ReplyDelete