Friday, June 11, 2010

Luke Levi Shores










Welcome baby Luke! It feels like it's been a long time awaiting your arrival, and now you are finally here, a little bundle of joy! Your brothers love you SO much already and can't wait to see you every time they've been away. I get a kick out of hearing Jake get up real close to you and talk to you like you are one of his buddies! He tells you all the things you guys are going to do together and what he will teach you, like "we'll take you to church and to school and lots of fun places" and "daddy's building a playset for us and there is a big boy twirly slide for me and...DAD, WHAT IS THE SLIDE THAT GOES LIKE THIS (motioning with his hand)...oh yeah, and a scoopty slide and there's a little slide for you that I'll teach you to ride and a swing for you too". Sam also likes to communicate with you, but it's more like this, "hi baby...what's wrong? Are you sad? Why are you crying? Huh? Huh?...MOMMY, I ASKED YUKE WHY HE"S CRYING BUT HE WON"T TELL ME!" Your big brothers are already VERY protective of you too, Luke. Yesterday I was changing you and you were crying and Jake said, "Mommy, go easy on him, he's just a little guy, you need to be gentle!" I don't think there will be any problems for you on the playground little buddy, you will be well protected!

2 comments:

  1. OH SO SWEET! The brother stories are SO PRECIOUS! Put tears in my eyes! I love you Lukey! (Jakey, Sammy, Lukey:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! He is ADORABLE!! I still remember coming to visit you in the hospital when you had Jake...has it really been that long ago?!?!!? Our prayers are always with ya'll!! (yes...I said ya'll :)

    ReplyDelete