Friday, August 15, 2008

Where is Jesus?

The other day we were on the way to work and Jake said "OWIE OWIE OWIE MOMMY MY OWIE HURTS! Will you pray for my owie mom, PLEEEEEASE?" (Does it get any better than your child asking you to pray for him?) So I said "YES! Dear Jesus, PLEASE heal Jake's owie, Lord, help it to feel better soon, AMEN!" So this same thing repeated about 3 more times where Jake shouted "OWIE!" and begged for me to pray for his owie. Then Jake said "Where is Jesus?" (I wondered when he would start to question his physical existence). I said "well, He is right here with us. He's in the car with us right now, he's outside watching over everyone on these streets, he's in heaven, he's in my heart, he's everywhere! Jesus is our invisible friend that we can't see but he IS here! (So I'm all proud of my answer, and after a short pause)..."Where is he?" He obviously didn't get an answer that made sense to him but I was so excited that these conversations are starting to happen and that JAKE is initiating it instead of me talking his ear off wondering if he even gets what I'm saying!

It makes me think how honest and faithful children are. I am so thankful that Jake could just candidly ask his mommy, "where is He?" If only when we doubt the Lord's presence in our lives we could ask the ones we love and trust, "where is He?" and get a true and bold answer, HE IS HERE! He NEVER leaves! Then maybe we would be stronger and more equipped to stand against the devils schemes when we are tempted to walk away. (Ephesians 6) It is my prayer that this is the accountability I have with my most loved ones and can offer to those I love.
Thank you God, for using children to teach us lessons you have for us!

2 comments:

  1. So precious and definitely a hard thing to teach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He'll get it soon enough...for now praise God that there's a curiosity about that Jesus that mom and dad always talk about!

    ReplyDelete